Friday, June 12, 2009

travel dispatch from sarah

(photo by steph!)

Just got back from a whirlwind 6 days in Philly & Brooklyn. 
It was wonderful to see family & friends...visiting home always makes me feel overwhelmingly lucky.

some wedding planning highlights included:

- cupcake tasting with Tatiana. After 6 cupcakes, one coffee and one glass of milk it was officially decided that Baked in Red Hook, Brooklyn will be our baker. mmm. you have some very delicious frosting to look forward to. 

-dress shopping with mom & steph. tried on some very beautiful gowns. steph snapped one million pictures. hopefully i can use some of the details i saw as inspiration. 

-venue hunting with Steph & Aunt Rosemary, event planner extraordinaire. we did a lot of pavement pounding and i think we narrowed it down to two places. I am only slightly concerned about the weather in October but we are nothing if not risk takers! And whilst scoping out one venue I got a potential lead on a florist... (also sometime during this day Rosie bequeathed Steph with a new moniker: OP. that's right, Optimus Prime. i love it.)

After some terrible flight delays I arrived back at SFO in the wee hours of the morning. Chris V, my knight in shining armor, was there with a zipcar to rescue me. exhausted & happy to be home after such a busy week. looking forward for the next trip east (late july?) and hoping to bring my betrothed with me next time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment